Why Lilwen would be an effective mentor:
- Lilwen was born and bred on a 64-acre Pembrokeshire Council dairy farm near Eglwyswrw. She studied at Gelli Aur College, gaining an NCA in Agriculture in the 1980s, and then a distinction. She then furthered her education with an OND at WAC in Aberystwyth. Lilwen settled down to farm in Carmarthenshire on a 250-acre hill farm, running a flock of 640 Welsh mountain ewes and a herd of 40 Welsh Black cattle. The farm diversified into holiday lets, schooling and breaking horses, as well as hosting cross-country training and pony camps.
- Lilwen became a Farming Connect Mentor in 2018, and has been an Agrisgôp leader with Farming Connect since March 2017, running nearly 20 groups over the past four years.
- Lilwen is the founder and director of InnerSense Consultants Ltd, providing farm business succession facilitation and holistic coaching for small and medium enterprises. The company incorporates coaching and counselling together as a holistic approach to empower business leaders to evaluate, effectively manage and implement change to powerfully fulfil their business and financial goals. Lilwen is also the founder and director at ‘Horse Sense for Life CIC’, providing equine-assisted psychotherapy and equine-assisted learning to individuals, groups and teams.
- Lilwen is passionate about mental health and wellness in rural areas. She is the owner and private practitioner of ‘Lilwen Selina Joynson Counselling’, a small business providing face-to-face integrative counselling to individuals. This involves working with clients on their various life issues, either short or long term.
- August 2021 - Siân Bushell Associates - Farm Business Succession Facilitation Course Completed
- January 2021- 12 sessions of Neurofeed back training and Neuroptimal Advanced Training
- February 2017 to October 2019 - CPD for Equine Assisted Growth & Learning
- November 2019 - Neuro change solutions - Daksha Patel ( Trainer for Dr Joe Dispenza) 2 day corporate teams training
- April 2019 - Progressive Workshop Dr Joe Dispenza Edinburgh, Scotland
- March 2019 - Matrix Program - With Bob Proctor in Toronto, Canada
- October 2019- 2 Day Leadership Development at Ashridge International Business School
- October 2010 to Present - Landmark Worldwide Courses Team Management and Leadership Program (TMLP) a 2-year Entrepreneurial Advanced Communication / Introduction Leaders Program (ILP)
- Aug 2009 to Present - Equine Assisted Growth & Learning Association, EAGALA Certified Practitioner. Monthly Supervision and my own self-awareness for Private Counselling/ Horse sense for Life
- Sep 2008 to July 2011 - Roehampton University, BSc Integrative Counselling
- Sep 2008 to July 2009 - Lampeter University Foundation Course
- Sept 1982 to April 1985 - Welsh Agricultural College OND Agriculture
- Sept 1981 to July 1982 - Gelli Aur College NCA Distinction
Top tips for business success:
“My commitment to farming enterprises and business being effective and sustainable into the future is a true passion of mine. Bringing together my personal development skills with people, and my experience of facilitation groups shows my clear commitment to farming families.”