The ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills is an entry level qualification for anyone with management responsibilities but no formal qualification. It is also useful for anyone hoping to progress into a management position but who have not yet formalised their understanding with any training. This program particularly supports practising team leader/s seeking to move to the next level of management and managers who need to lead people through, organisational change, budget cuts or for personal development.
This course will cover the following:
- Leading Your Work Team – Not every leader is a manager but by showing willingness to lead your work team you show that you have good management qualities. By the end of this module, you will be able to lead your work team confidently and competently.
- Meeting Customer Needs – One of the necessities of marketing and business is to meet your customer needs, this means you need to set and expectation and then reach it. This module will teach you how to meet and exceed your customers needs and wants.
- Methods of Communicating in the Workplace – Communication is key to a successful business, if there are communication problems the business will not last long, and this course will teach you the key points to great communication skills
- Setting Team Objectives in the Workplace – Every workplace needs objectives to reach for, to make the workplace keep trying harder and to make sure everyone improves. By setting objectives that are reachable, once completed everyone will feel great and you’ll have a much higher morale in the workplace.
- Understanding Training and Coaching – Training and coaching are very important aspects of any supervisor or managers job. You need to make sure your staff are the best, and that you mould them into your perfect employee. This module will teach you how to spot what weaknesses your staff have and how to improve them with different training and coaching techniques.
- Understanding Leadership – Leadership is a large subject and understanding it is a key point to becoming a great leader. This module will teach you how to lead from the front and how to use that to your advantage no matter what position you hold.
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions – Everyone comes across problems, but managers tend to come across problems more often than not. This module is perfect for anyone looking at a management position as it will teach you not only how to solve any problems that come your way but also how to be decisive and make the correct decisions in a short period of time.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Explain and understand the difference between leadership styles
- Understand leadership qualities and be able to review your own leadership potential
- Exceeding the needs of your customers
- Using different techniques to keep your customers happy
- How to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Explain the different training and coaching techniques available
- How to communicate properly in your workplace
- Set objectives that are both challenging and achievable
All applicants must complete the following mandatory e-learning module before applying for funding – Mandatory Unit: Developing Leading and People Skills for a Successful Business
The following Training Providers are available to deliver this course: