Why Cheryl would be an effective mentor
- Cheryl owns and runs a consultancy business, advising and supporting farmers and workers within the agricultural industry on health & safety, employee issues and various business-related topics including proposals, HR, succession, cost savings and profitability. Cheryl takes away the fear of health & safety on farms and provides support for farmers regarding basic health & safety needs.
- The business was established in 2017 and their client base has increased significantly since then. Cheryl guides her clients through all legislation relating to HR and health & safety, making it an easy process for both clients and staff.
- With 25 years’ experience in leadership and management, HR & health & safety, Cheryl is trained in delivering various courses and guiding individuals on how to achieve success within their businesses. She also understands the importance of benchmarking and how it can improve profitability and productivity.
- Cheryl believes that succession and planning for the future are key in the overall make up of any business and has previously worked on projects relating to business succession.
- With extensive health & safety knowledge, Cheryl works with farmers on putting basic health & safety practices in place to protect themselves, their families, staff and visitors. Cheryl understands the importance of providing health & safety training for staff members and can enable you to have health & safety at the forefront of your businesses.
- Cheryl is passionate about agriculture and sustainability in Wales, both in her personal and professional life. She loves to see people succeed and then help them continue to thrive. Cheryl is proactive and willing to help everybody understand the importance of keeping everyone safe.
- She understands the pressures that the farming community can face and hopes that she can give farmers the ability to see past the barriers and take their businesses to the next level. A positive person, Cheryl always strives to find solutions to problems.
- Cheryl is a great listener and, combined with her efficient work ethic, she can provide timely support and guidance for farmers. Cheryl hopes that she can make a difference and enable businesses to be sustainable for future generations.
- Owner of a consultancy business since 2017
- Assists her husband on their beef and sheep farm
Qualifications/ achievements/ experience
- Masters Degree in HR, Management & Employment Law
- NEBOSH Health & Safety
- Employment Law knowledge in Europe /middle east/Africa and Russia
- Fully qualified trainer
- Qualified in Makaton sign language
- COSHH assessor
Top tips for business success
“Lead by example.”