Why Gwerfyl would be an effective mentor
- Farmer’s daughter, wife and mum Gwerfyl says she’s not a typical ‘interior designer’, but a designer with a practical head who ensures the client’s style is taken into account. If you need either face-to-face or online advice on styling, layout, and furnishing your home, business premises or diversification venture, she will give you the confidence and skills to create the perfect spaces.
- Gwerfyl set up her own interiors business, ‘Dylunio Dy Dŷ’, in mid Wales around seven years ago; since then, she has project-managed building works alongside main contractors and managed the styling of new-builds, conversions and refurbishments for both residential and commercial properties throughout Wales.
- A great communicator in both Welsh and English, Gwerfyl will share her advice and experience with you, listening to your business goals and helping you achieve schemes that are delivered on time and within budget.
- A farming background means that Gwerfyl understands both the agriculture and tourism industry, and will help you create unique, timeless schemes that will have longstanding appeal for you, your family and your target audiences.
- Whether you want advice on achieving the ‘wow’ factor in just one room, or have a whole property to work on, Gwerfyl will help you avoid costly mistakes and turn your ideas into reality.
- 2015 to date: Set up Dylunio Dy Dŷ, my independent interior design consultancy, extensive experience of working on projects throughout Wales. Experienced project manager, involved with new-builds, conversions and refurbishments for both private and commercial clients. Able to offer advice on styling, layout, flooring, furnishings and soft furnishings, electrical fit-outs, bathrooms, kitchens and more. Particular expertise in farm tourism projects.
- 1998-2014: Grants officer with National Lottery Community Fund assessing and managing large-scale grants, including capital and revenue grants.
- 1995-1998: Working at a Magistrates’ Court, dealing with fines enforcement and Court committal papers.
- 1992 - 1995 -Travelled throughout New Zealand, working as a sheep and wool handler at large-scale sheep stations.
Top tips for business success
“There are so many aspects to what makes a home, office, farm shop or holiday let ‘special’, so stay focused and spend your time and money wisely to create the unique space you and your visitors will remember forever - for all the right reasons.”
“I am a great advocate of sustainability and supporting local producers, so will encourage you to see the potential in ‘upcycling’, mixing old and new, and giving you fabulous ideas that don’t blow your budget!”