Yr Ochor, Tregaron, Ceredigion
Focus Site Project: Getting to grips with Rotational Grazing
- This project started on 23/5/16 and is still running.
- The project will aim to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of rotational grazing. By measuring and comparing the range of factors we will be able to evaluate the best grazing strategies for lamb finishing. The farm is located in a historically traditional set stocked grazing management.
- Rhun Williams, Farmer at Ochor Farm will be provided with ongoing support which will involve monthly visits by an expert.
- Rhun will measure grass every week and upload results to Agrinet.
- We aim for rotational grazing will start when lambs are still at foot, and this will be more paddock to paddock grazing rather than using electric fencing. Once the lambs are weaned they will then start Rotational Grazing.