A 2 day course – offered by Embryonics Ltd
This is a course aimed at non-veterinarians who wish to learn the art or pregnancy diagnosis for own farm use or as a commercial enterprise, the course covers:
- Scanning technique – sector and curve/linear
- Theory of Ultrasonography
- Image identification
- Setting up of equipment
- Anatomy and physiology of the sheep
- Identifying the number of lambs present and any irregularities
- Ageing of the pregnancy
- This course is suitable for new users and for those that have scanned before but would like to refresh they’re knowledge and skills
A 1 day course – offered by Mendip Vets
This course on ovine ultrasonography, is farm and classroom based and involves a maximum of 2 delegates. The duration of the training is one intense day, with combination of theory on how the ultrasound works and understanding images. This is then followed-up by extensive practice on sheep.
The organisers' combined experience brings in over 50 years knowledge and images from the UK, Canada, US, New Zealand and Europe. Enhance your understanding on how ultrasound examinations are carried out in the UK and abroad.
We shall discuss:
- Pregnancy diagnosis in the sheep
- Brief outline on ageing the foetus, from early to mid to late
- Diagnosing single, twins, triplets, quads and beyond
The learning objectives of this course are:
- Understand the principles and applications of ultrasound scanning
- Review key performance points of ultrasound applications
- Familiarise yourselves with the operation of the scanner
- Practice ultrasound scanning on farm
Provided it is battery operated, we would encourage you to bring your own sector scanner with your goggles or screen. Otherwise, we can supply a Reproscan model for you to practice on the day.
Please note that the outline, duration and image for each course are a guide only. Please contact the training provider for more information.
The following Training Providers are available to deliver this course: