To present an understanding of general recognition and treatment skills to provide the learner with the knowledge and understanding to manage first aid in a farming environment.
This course covers the following:
- Aims, roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assess and manage an incident.
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey.
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Manage a casualty who has been burned.
- Manage a casualty who is in shock.
- Manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Manage a casualty who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold.
From 1st September 2023, all applicants must complete the following mandatory e-learning module before applying for funding – Mandatory Unit: Health and Safety – Risk Management in Forestry and Farming
The following Training Providers are available to deliver this course: