Have you considered how your business can gain from adopting and maintaining good practice in recruiting, managing and developing your people?
Being a fair work employer can bring great business benefits including:
- attracting, motivating and retaining staff;
- tapping into a more diverse pool of talent;
- gaining increased staff commitment;
- growing your reputation locally and further afield.
Some areas to consider and review are how you:
- Provide access to training for current job and for progression.
- Provide re-skilling and training for change.
- Provide access to externally recognised accredited skills courses.
- Offer high quality apprenticeships.
- Encourage and facilitate using the Welsh language.
- Develop the skills of line managers to understand and implement employment rights.
- Ensure opportunities are open to all to access work; to develop and progress; to acquire and use skills.
The information presented here can support you to understand your fair work obligations for all your current and prospective staff, and to identify what good practice is in employability and skills.