Whatever direction your business is heading, having the right number of people with the right skills in the right place at the right time will let you carry out your plans and get the results you want.
Workforce Planning is a process that can give you:
- a business that is adaptable to change whether in the short or long term;
- a more diverse pool of talent that brings in new dimensions to your business;
- people that are invested in your business because they understand the role they have in its success.
The information presented here can help you to work through planning your workforce for your current and future needs; and be able to adapt to the opportunities and challenges that arise.
Your Workforce Planning needs to:
- Draw on all the information available about your business including its vision and goals, business plans, operating environment, financial analysis and workforce profiles.
- Have a clear understanding of your workforce including the structural profile of the jobs you have and the characteristics profile of the people you have.
- Identify your current and future skills, training and development needs.
- Include how you will maintain the level of workforce supply, and increase or decrease your workforce to meet business demand.
Further resources to help you:
Business Online Support Service
Workforce Planning and Recruitment Course
Click on the link to find the Workforce Planning and Recruitment e-learning and other skills and training courses. Registration is free and simple.
Skills and Training Programmes
Click on the link to find suitable programmes for your needs, alternatively select the appropriate Local Authority to find the support available in your area.