Enterprise Troopers Resources
Enterprise education is an essential part of the primary curriculum in Wales. A key purpose of every school’s curriculum is to support children to be enterprising, creative contributors, ready to play a full part in life and work. Specifically, as a cross-cutting theme, Careers and work-related experiences (CWRE) should:
- be embedded across the curriculum for learners 3 to 16; and
- inspire learners to explore opportunities through a variety of meaningful experiences in learning, work, and entrepreneurship.
Schools should provide authentic experiences that foster, develop and evaluate entrepreneurial skills. For example, CWRE within the Expressive Arts enables learners to develop confidence in their as learners progressHumanities, they should develop an increasing understanding and awareness of …. ethical entrepreneurship. Similarly, learners can become increasingly aware of how Mathematics and Numeracy are essential in the world of work, whether they are in the role of employee or entrepreneur.
These tried and tested Enterprise Troopers classroom activities have been updated to link with the requirements of the Curriculum for Wales so your pupils can develop an entrepreneurial mind-set. To help with curriculum planning, each learning activity has links, where appropriate, with:
- The Areas of Learning and Experience
- The Literacy and Numeracy Framework
- The Digital Competence Framework
The Enterprise Troopers classroom activities provide opportunities for children to apply their entrepreneurial skills in exciting and practical ways. They will help your pupils to:
- reflect on their own particular strengths, interests and aspirations;
- have a can-do attitude and the drive to make ideas happen;
- be skilled in getting on with people, influencing, negotiating and contributing to a team approach;
- be creative, innovative, and take imaginative approaches to problem solving.
Crucially your pupils will be able to describe how they have developed and used their entrepreneurship skills, and why these characteristics are important.
The Enterprise Troopers learning activities are designed to complement the work you are already doing to encourage your pupils to behave in an entrepreneurial way. They consist of
- 11 learning activities for lower primary pupils i.e. 3 to 7 year olds
- 12 learning activities for upper primary pupils i.e. 7 to 11 year olds with 8 supporting resources