Enterprise Troopers Resources
Enterprise education is an essential part of the primary curriculum and many classroom activities provide opportunities for children to apply their entrepreneurial skills in exciting and practical ways.
Taking part in the national competition will help your pupils to become Enterprise Troopers and to:
- reflect on their own particular strengths, interests and aspirations;
- have a can-do attitude and the drive to make ideas happen;
- be skilled in getting on with people, influencing, negotiating and contributing to a team approach;
- be creative, innovative, and take imaginative approaches to problem solving.
Crucially they will be able to describe how they have developed and used their entrepreneurship skills, and why these characteristics are important.
A central aim of the national primary competition is to encourage schools to recognise and build upon their existing good practice. The competition resources, enterprise activities and support materials are designed to complement the work you are already doing to encourage your pupils to behave in an entrepreneurial way.
The activities will really enhance learning across the curriculum, helping your pupils to apply their literacy and numeracy skills in real-life contexts. To help with curriculum planning, each competition learning activity has links with:
- The National Literacy and Numeracy Framework
- The Foundation Phase Framework for Children’s Learning in Wales
- National Curriculum subject requirements
- PSE, ICT and Curriculum Cymreig
Below are some additional resources to support your enterprise activities with information on how it links with the curriculum: