Knowledge Exchange Hub
What is the Farming Connect Knowledge Exchange Hub?
The Knowledge Exchange Hub is a joint collaboration between Farming Connect and IBERS, Aberystwyth University. Its purpose is to:
- provide an interface between researchers, advisory professionals and farmers/foresters
- increase the uptake of research outcomes in land based businesses across Wales
- increase researchers’ awareness of ground-based issues and solutions
How can the Knowledge Exchange Hub benefit your business?
The Hub will distribute information from the latest worldwide research which will then be available to the Farming Connect programme. This information will be disseminated through various knowledge transfer activities, ensuring that it can be taken up in practice on farm and forestry businesses throughout Wales.
It will do this in 3 ways:
- Through technical articles that provide the latest thinking on a specific topic. These articles will be published in the Knowledge Exchange Hub Technical article library.
technical article library
- By providing technical input and guidance which enables the Farming Connect Demonstration Network to develop projects that can be implemented on farms to showcase innovative ideas and best practice.
- By supporting Operational Groups that wish to submit projects for European Innovation Partnership funding, the Hub can undertake literature searches to ensure that projects are evidence based. You can find further details in our European Innovation Partnerships guide.
European Innovation Partnerships
Technical articles will be produced on a variety of topics to support the wider Farming Connect programme. These high level articles are aimed at farmers and foresters who would like to dig deeper into the latest thinking and at consultants and knowledge exchange professionals. They will provide a snapshot of the latest research on specific topics.
If you have ideas for topics you would like to see in new technical articles, please let us know by getting in touch with Farming Connect.