SEE (Skills for Employers and Employees)
SEE is an exciting opportunity for businesses across north Wales to develop staff skills and create a highly qualified workforce, better equipped to deliver commercial success in the future
£18.7 million has been set aside to fund the project, and our aim is to provide 7,000 employees with heavily subsidised training.
The business benefits
SEE has been set up to provide a major boost to the local economy. The programme is targeting key sectors including:
- Digital Economy (Providing support for businesses to access training and development to improve their ICT capabilities)
- Life Sciences and Health
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Tourism, Recreation and Leisure
- Energy and Low Carbon
In addition, businesses not operating in any of these sectors can also apply for funding, providing the SEE team can be assured that the support they provide will have a positive effect on the business.
The SEE initiative will benefit all concerned. Your employees will have the chance to gain nationally recognised qualifications that will improve their career prospects and long-term earning potential. While, as an employer, you'll benefit from having a more effective team better equipped to deliver improved results for you - a team revitalised and inspired by the challenges and rewards that training offers.
What support will you get?
The support for your business can be divided into 3 distinct stages.
- There's a high level of financial support available, so you can reap the rewards of accessing subsidised training for your workforce.
- The SEE team will help you carry out an assessment of your staff, and identify the skills gaps and training opportunities within your team.
- Once a training plan has been agreed, the approved providers will manage the courses on your behalf. All the courses will be specific to the needs of your business and selected to bring the very best out of your team.
We are very serious about wanting to help north Wales businesses thrive and prosper, and we expect a level of commitment in return. The majority of training offered to your staff will be NVQs (although other awards and certificates are available). These are respected qualifications, and staff will need your support and your willingness to allow time off work to train.
Although training is heavily subsidised, you'll also be required to pay a percentage of the course fee - depending on the size of your company:
- micro and small businesses pay 30% of the training costs.
- medium sized businesses pay 40% of training costs
- large businesses pay 50% of training costs
Is your business eligible?
If you operate in north Wales (Wrexham, Flintshire, Denbighshire, Conwy, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey), then all your employees are eligible for SEE support.
Call the Business Wales Helpline on 03000 6 03000 or contact us.
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.
SEE is part-funded by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.
|Programme Checklist||EU Funds: Investing in Wales|
|Delivery Area||North Wales|
|Supported by the European Social Fund?||Yes|