National Occupational Standards (NOS) Case Studies
Our Catalogue of National Occupational Standards Case Studies illustrates some examples of the wide range of uses of NOS by employers across a variety of sectors.
The following are case studies commissioned by the Welsh Government in 2014.
- Rubicon Dance has embedded National Occupational Standards (NOS) within its successful Dance Leadership Training and Mentoring Programme, its internal human resources processes, and its continuous professional development (CPD) activities.
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board – A competence based approach to developing administration capacity to support locality working
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board – A competence based approach to developing our workforce
- Bridgend County Borough Council Youth Service
- Owen and Palmer Ltd, Electrical Contractors - Apprenticeships
- Gwynedd Council - NOS underpinning training and professional development in the Social Work sector
- NewLink Wales – Organisational Development
- RDM Electrical and Mechanical Services - Apprenticeships
- Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council – Recruitment for a Health and Social Care QCF Internal Quality Assurer/Assessor
- Rhondda Cynon Taff Country Borough Council - Using Health & Social Care NOS in Learning and Development Programmes
- Wales and West Utilities Ltd – Training
- Wales Blood Service – National Occupational Standards as a tool in the creation of Competency Assessments for Intraoperative Cell Salvage
To find out more about NOS please contact: NOSMailbox@gov.wales