About the Competition
The Enterprise Troopers National Primary School Competition provides primary schools across Wales with an opportunity to showcase their enterprise activities whilst developing entrepreneurial skills in children in a fun and interactive way.
It is an excellent way to introduce children to a broader curriculum in line with the Donaldson review, where creativity can be allowed to thrive so schools can produce ambitious and enterprise contributors.
The Enterprise Troopers are based on the ACRO model of entrepreneurship, the four key characteristics of entrepreneurial behaviour:
- Attitude: Understanding self and motivation, setting and achieving goals
- Creativity: Generating ideas, solving problems and creating opportunities
- Relationships: Expressing views and ideas, appreciating others’ viewpoints and working co-operatively
- Organisation: Ability to make decisions and fulfill objectives
All you have to do as a school is get the pupils to think of business ideas, set up a mini-business and create products or services that they can then sell/deliver at a profit and engage with their local community.
The competition is flexible, allowing you to incorporate your enterprise activity into any fairs, shows or any other events that the school offers.
No one's idea is too small - if your pupils want to make and sell cakes, run a penalty shoot-out at a school fair or even develop an app - then we want to hear about them!
Full information on the competition can be found within the links below.
- Enterprise Troopers Handbook
- Enterprise Troopers - Eligibility for Entry
- Enterprise Troopers - Competition Entry Rules