Elaine Rees Jones
Name: Elaine Rees Jones
Location: Operates throughout North Wales
Mobile: 07968 981332
Specialism(s): Diversification, Poultry, Renewable energy, Training, Tourism accommodation, Agri-food
- An experienced communicator in both Welsh and English, Elaine’s knowledge and passion for agriculture and rural issues combines with strategic thinking, business acumen and facilitation skills. These have been acquired through many years of ‘hands on’ experience working within the industry as a farmer, adviser and Agrisgôp leader who has facilitated more than 70 groups, both face-to-face and online.
- Elaine has first-hand experience of helping farming families address the challenges, cost and resource implications of setting up successful new business ventures. Her key focus is on helping farmers develop new streams of income or more efficient and sustainable ways of working. Her aim is to always ensure that her members are motivated, focused on outcomes and encouraged to achieve their goals.
- Farmer’s daughter, wife, and mum to three school-age daughters, Elaine and her husband are business partners on an upland tenanted farm where they keep beef, sheep and poultry. They have also set up a number of successful diversified enterprises.
- In 2012, the couple invested in a renewable energy enterprise, installing the first of two farm-scale wind turbines which have enabled them to reduce the farm’s energy spending and gain additional income from selling to the grid.
- In 2018, they set up a commercial-scale poultry unit which is heated through biomass.
- More recently, they have invested in high-end tourism accommodation for up to 18 visitors, which involved the purchase of two neighbouring properties. A third property is currently being developed in the tourism ‘honeypot’ of Betws y Coed, which will add a further 22 beds.
- A keen advocate of personal development and lifelong learning, Elaine has undertaken a range of short, accredited courses on agri-related financial and business topics, family dynamics, succession planning, marketing and more.
- She is an approved adviser for the Farming Connect Advisory Service (specialist topics include diversification/energy/commercial poultry projects).