Name: Elen Pencwm
Mobile: 07572 679624
Location: Ceredigion/South West Wales
Specialism(s): Personal development
- Elen Pencwm is a farmer’s daughter who now lives in Llanfihangel y Creuddyn, Aberystwyth. Elen studied a Theatre, Music and Media degree at Trinity College, Carmarthen before moving to Cardiff where she produced and presented numerous television and radio shows in both Welsh and English. But her longing for the countryside was too much for Elen and there was no choice but to move back to Ceredigion with the aim of raising a family and working for ‘cefn gwlad Cymru’ – the rural backbone of rural Wales - which is very close to her heart.
- Elen is in her element in the company of others. She is a real ‘people’ person who has great motivational skills and the ability to encourage people to be ambitious and ‘think outside the box’ particularly those working within the agriculture and countryside industries. Elen enjoys helping people create new projects and the idea of bringing groups of like-minded individuals together through Agrisgôp to create or work on a project that will benefit their lives and the rural economy greatly excites her.
- Fluent in Welsh and English, Elen has already led a number of Agrisgôp groups in her locality, and is recognised for her enthusiasm, knowledge of rural Wales and her ability to encourage her group members to ‘achieve great things’, by learning from each other and giving each other the confidence to drive forward plans and ideas. There’ll be no procrastination if you’re in one of Elen’s groups – her enthusiasm and energy will galvanise you all into action. She will help you and your group members learn from each other and the expert advice she’ll organise for you. Expect to turn your good business ideas into reality!
- “I know that here in Wales we have the best produce, enough people with original ideas and the necessary drive to create successful rural business and communities.”
- “As an Agrisgôp Leader, I’m here to support and facilitate the journey. Anything can develop from a short conversation and I look forward to having a conversation with you!”
Current farm business:
- 23 acre smallholding farmed with family members which includes a glamping enterprise
- Relevant experience, skills, qualifications
- B.A (Hons) Theatre, Music & Media, Trinity College Carmarthen, 1993
- Television producer for BBC Wales, S4C – range of programmes ranging from children’s programmes to country/rural programmes.
- Currently producing the sixth series of ‘Y Fet’ an S4C series documenting the daily lives of some of Wales’ rural veterinary surgeons
- Experienced Agrisgôp leader facilitating groups on beekeeping, sheepdog handling, cider makers.