Multi Site Project
Project Aims and Objectives:
Implement on farm changes
- To work with network of farmers throughout Wales to :-
- Implement the latest advice and recommendations from SCOPS and COWS
- Implement regular monitoring of worm burdens through faecal egg counts using the FECPAKG2 platform which will be used on farm by each focus farmer.
- Test for anthelmintic resistance / efficacy and enable farmers to manage situations where multiple resistance is present.
- Improve stock performance by better managing parasite burdens and resistance.
- Slow down the development of resistance to other wormers – especially the new 4th and 5th generation wormers.