Lisa isn't accepting new mentoring applications until April 2024. Please contact Awel Jones on 07961 958 807 / firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your other options.
Why Lisa would be an effective mentor
- Lisa’s specialist subject is ICT. Farm paperwork, record-keeping and digital tax returns are all essential tasks which many farmers dread, so it’s beneficial to seek expert help if you don’t feel up to the challenge, or need guidance on any aspect of using computers and agri-related software!
- Lisa is an experienced ICT tutor who for many years has delivered one-to-one training through the Farming Connect ICT programme. She enjoys working with those who are complete beginners, as well as individuals with more advanced computer skills, who might need help on a specific issue such as transferring to a different software package. Her aim is to avoid over-complicating mentoring sessions and to be on the end of a phone if needed.
- Knowledgeable, calm and patient, she will take the mystery out of any areas you might find difficult. An experienced coach and tutor, she can explain in simple terms how to tackle most online administration tasks, including record-keeping and compliance with legislation and statutory requirements for animal movements and medicine records required for farm assurance.
- Lisa can also mentor you on EID. She used to work for a major livestock record-keeping company, visiting farms to help farmers set up new software, helping them collect sheep data from EID readers and input the sheep data, including medicines and movement records, to the programme. She also helps her customers link the programme to BCMS to download all their cattle data.
- A new mum, Lisa lives with her partner at a dairy farm near Llandeilo, and is also in partnership with her brother on their hill farm where she grew up in Llanddewi Brefi. Although she enjoys day-to-day day farming, Lisa says that helping other farmers build up their confidence with computer skills is what she finds most rewarding.
- Can also provide support with the completion of the Control of Agricultural Pollution workbooks to help you meet the record keeping requirements of the Water Resources (Control of Agricultural Pollution)(Wales) Regulations 2021.
- Swansea University - HND in Social Care.
- Qualifications in staff leadership and management.
- Strong understanding and experience of all Microsoft Office applications, as well as specialist farm software packages including FAWL Farm Records Programme, Farmworks, Herdwatch, Stockmove Express, SUM IT and Uniform Agri
- Former community councillor, Llanddewi Brefi
- 2016 to 2022 - representative for Shearwell data Ltd,
- 2015 to 2016 - Office administrator, Aberystwyth University IBERS,
- 2000 to 2015 - Senior development officer Wales YFC
- 2017 - Farming Connect Agri Academy Rural Leadership programme
Top tips for business success
“When it comes to selecting or using agri-related software packages, it’s important to consider what type of farming you do and exactly what information you need to record.”
“Don’t be nervous of computers; once you’ve got the confidence and sufficient knowledge to start using them on a regular basis, getting better will come easily!”