How to apply for a funded training course
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg. We welcome calls in Welsh.
Before you can apply for training, you need to…
- Be registered with Farming Connect with your own individual email contact which must be unique to you. To register, contact the Farming Connect Service Centre on 08456 000 813 or register onlinehere. Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.
- Receive a registration confirmation email from Farming Connect, which enables you to access the Business Wales (BOSS) website via Sign on Cymru (SOC).
NB if you are not already registered and you plan to apply for funded training, you need to contact the Service Centre at least one week before the next application window closes.
Access BOSS (Business Online Support Service)
Accessing BOSS is essential in order to…
- complete a PDP (Personal Development Plan) and identify your training goals
- apply for your selected subsidised training
- complete a fully funded e-learning modules
- access your personal Storfa Sgiliau record
New to BOSS?
In order to access BOSS you will need to register your personal email address with Farming Connect.
If you are not already registered, contact the Service Centre on 08456 000 813.
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.
You should receive a confirmation email from the Farming Connect Service Centre containing your BOSS log in details.
NB If you have not received confirmation within five working days, contact the Service Centre.
Creating a BOSS account
For step by step instructions on how to access BOSS via Sign on Cymru click here and/or watch the video below:
To log in click the ‘Log in to BOSS’ button on the Farming Connect website header.
Complete a PDP (Personal Development Plan)
Your online PDP will enable you to select the courses which will strengthen your skills and help you develop your business. Identifying your training goals is an important part of this process.
NB you cannot apply for funding for a training course until you have completed a PDP
Please click here for your guide to completing a PDP and identifying your goals.
View all training courses
From your personal BOSS account, you will be able to select the training you need from the wide range of courses available, broadly categorised under:
Within each category, you will see a list of courses. Click on the course you want for an overview of what it offers and a list of training providers.
Apply for the funded training course(s) you have selected
- Submit an application form on the BOSS website for the training course/s you require.
- Ensure that the course title, cost and provider are correct before submitting your application.
- From the BOSS homepage, you are now ready to select the ‘View Application Form’ tab
- Select the course you want from the dropdown menu
- Once you have clicked on the course you want, the category of course is automatically logged for you
- Select the training provider of your choice from the dropdown menu
- Enter the cost of the training course into the box on your screen
- Answer the question ‘What benefit will completing this training course have on your own personal/business development?’
- Please note: you will need to enter a minimum of 350 characters (this includes spaces) or approximately 50 words before you will be allowed to move onto the next page.
- Once you have checked all your choices, click ‘Save changes’
- For assistance with your application contact your chosen training provider or local development officer either before or early on during the relevant skills application window.
NB if you intend to apply for funding for a machinery or equipment related training course, you must complete the fully funded online Health and Safety e-learning module on BOSS via Sign on Cymru (SOC) before submitting your application.
Farming Connect’s e-learning interactive courses cover a wide variety of topics which will help you develop new and existing skills, acquire more knowledge and improve working practices within your business.
Before you apply for a machinery or equipment related training course you will need to complete Farming Connect’s Health & Safety e-learning module.
To access this module:
- Log into your BOSS account.
- From the main home page, go to your dashboard which is located on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click into your dashboard.
- The E-learning Health and Safety module will be visible.
- Please click onto the course tile.
- Please complete the course.
*Please note: you will need to complete this course successfully if applying for a machinery and equipment related course.
NB at the end of all completed e-learning course(s), a ‘Certificate of completion’ will be uploaded to your Storfa Sgiliau record on your behalf.
Record all your skills and learning achievements at Storfa Sgiliau
Storfa Sgiliau is a secure, online data storage tool for continuous professional development.
All Farming Connect training, e-learning and knowledge transfer activities undertaken within the current programme will be uploaded on your behalf. You can also record all other relevant achievements and activities in your own ‘My Space’ area.
Find out more about how Storfa Sgiliau can benefit you here.