Livestock Training Courses
Carbon - Lets Get Greener:
Improving livestock hygiene and husbandry, optimising planning and monitoring of biosecurity, vaccination and herd/flock health will lower your carbon footprint.
Good animal health is paramount in reducing farms’ carbon footprint. Issues like lameness, worms, fluke and other diseases can have a negative impact on both productivity and the farm’s carbon footprint.
Using animals with improved genetics will/can improve growth rates, fertility and reduce cost of production and reduce the carbon footprint of the farm.
Animals that are healthy are more productive and have an improved growth rate/ability. This results in less emissions associated with the animal over its lifetime.
- Advanced Sheep Shearing
- Better Livestock Handling for Increased Profitability
- Body Condition Scoring
- Calf Management, Health and Housing (for both beef and dairy sectors)
- Cattle Mobility Scoring
- Cattle Scanning
- DIY AI
- First Aid for Feet (Cattle)
- Hygiene and Biosecurity (Poultry Passport)
- Intermediate Hoof Trimming (Cattle) – 3 day
- Introduction to Worm Control and Faecal Egg Counting for Sheep Producers
- Lambing Techniques
- Lion Training Passport Biosecurity, Security and Egg Handling
- Lion Training Passport Poultry Welfare Management
- Lion Training Passport Poultry Welfare Operative
- Livestock Nutrition
- Machine Sheep Shearing
- Mastering Medicines Course
- Poultry Welfare (Poultry Passport)
- Preparing for IPPC Regulations (Poultry Industry)
- Safe Use of Sheep Dip
- Safe Use of Vet & Med
- Sheep Scanning