The Insight Programme provides Welsh food and drink businesses with the latest insight to understand the grocery retail and out of home foodservice markets in Wales and GB. The programme also provides export market insight covering 50 countries worldwide. In addition to market data the Insight programme explores future trends and insights, to help Welsh businesses shape their plans to meet changing customer and consumer demands.
Click below to see an overview of the Insight Programme
Support can be accessed by any of the cluster groups and food technology centres, or why not sign up to the Member's Area where you can get full access to all the latest reports and deep dives on various markets.
We have been purchasing data since 2015 from providers like Kantar, CGA, Euromonitor International, IGD, and Thefoodpeople.
The Insight Programme provides:
Access to data and analysis which covers:
- Category performance data across 300+ Food and Drink sectors
- Out of Home market review of GB vs Wales
- Retail top line category reviews of GB vs Wales
- Out of Home Drinks Data provides a review of Wales and GB on Trade sales.
- Export market global database covering 50 countries for Food and Alcohol
- Future Food and Drink Trends presentations
- Future Food Trend database sharing global innovation
Welsh Food and Drink Insight Conference
New Trends for Renewed Growth 9 – 11th March 2021
The Food & Drink Insight Programme, in partnership with Food Innovation Wales, held an exciting three-day conference of insight events. As well as revealing the latest market data and trend predictions from leading insight providers, each bite-sized session focused on key areas with expert speakers and panels to answer questions.
A post-conference summary can be viewed here: